Lien Doi supports small-scale projects in disadvantaged areas in Vietnam. Through concrete actions, we help people escape poverty and contribute to improving health, safety, development and future prospects. In all projects, demand from the local community is leading and they are expected to make their own contribution of money and labour. New project proposals are assessed by our volunteers in Vietnam.
The projects are divided into the following categories:
- village houses, school rooms, childcare facilities, course space
- small bridges
- connection of village paths to the road network
- simple housing for individuals
- refurbishment of care centres for elderly and disabled people
- course on setting up a microcredit system and initial capital for seeds, livestock, materials for a small business
- loan to a village community to buy e.g. a farming machine or boat
- water treatment plants
- protection of riverbanks and watercourses
Over the course of our existence, we have realised some 162 projects. You can find the projects from the most recent period on the map in the attached overview. Each project category has its own colour.